If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TCL Android TV not playing most videos

latinoflayvalatinoflayva Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Most of the files in my library (which play fine on android phone and windows clients (even web)) are not working on the Android TV.

I just found out about Pelx after being on Kodi for many years, and really like the ability to throw content from phone to tv etc, so I just bought this TV with android on it specifically because it could run Plex.

Some shows work (like 30 rock), however others Young sheldon, Big Mouth, 9JKLSuperstore all do not work.

if i choose "Settings" and pick Original quality or Auto, it fails, but selecting 3Mbps or something and it transcodes works.

I have tried putting audio passthrough Auto and off, as well as tried changing the level of my H264 to every setting down to 1 and it didn't help.

The TV is hooked up with a gigabit ethernet cable and its not on a local server, so there shoudl be no bandwidth/throughput issues.

Hopefully someone can help because its very frustrating that this doesn't work.

Answers

• addamkaaddamka Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

We have a Thomson UHD TV, and the problem is the same.
    Because Thomson is a rebranded TCL, its not a big wonder.

Its the same Android TV platform, running on 6.0.1.

You can try Kodi with plex add-on, working for me.

• latinoflayvalatinoflayva Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey, yeh Kodi works perfectly, but why doesn't it work in Plex? I feel like something is wrong or there needs to be some setting to fix this so it isn't an issue.

The Plex app is awesome, and using it via Kodi isn't the same. It just needs to work.

• Corpo666Corpo666 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Thomson 65UC6406, same problem. A lot of Thomson and TCL share the same firmware, so I guess all are affected
    No direct play for most of the contents