If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PS4 5.01 Playback Problem

emreunalemreunal Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited October 27 in PlayStation

After the recent ps4 software update, i can see my server and select any content to play but playback does not start. No error on the screen, just black background with control buttons on the screen, like a paused content with black background.

And this is the error from server logs:

Oct 28, 2017 00:28:27.857 [0x7f2b637ff700] ERROR - Unable to find client profile for device; platform=WebMAF, platformVersion=01.40, device=PlayStation 4, model=

Tried on a friends ps4 with ver. 5.00 and playback starts.

PMS: 1.9.3.4290-9798172d4

Tagged:

Answers

• hit playhit play Posts: 68Members ✭✭

Re-download the Plex app? worth a go.

Server OS: Windows 10
    Server Setup: Direct Play
    Storage: 3 TB D-Link Share Center
    Client Devices: PlayStation 4 - Apple TV
    Other Devices: Sky Q 1 TB - Sony 49" TV

• emreunalemreunal Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@hit play said:

Tried but no luck

Tested on 4 playstations, two with 5.0 and two with 5.01. 5.0‘s can connect and play without any problem, 5.01s can connect but cant play anything.

edited October 28

@emreunal said:

@hit play said:

Tried but no luck

Tested on 4 playstations, two with 5.0 and two with 5.01. 5.0‘s can connect and play without any problem, 5.01s can connect but cant play anything.

OK.

I'll test the app on my 5.01 Pro system for you and report back with results.

Edit

I tested multiple Direct Play compatible files and they all played flawlessly for me on 5.01.

Your settings in the app might of changed after the update? it's definitely weird.

@hit play
    Thank you for testing.

Is your PMS on the same network with your ps4 or remote?

Yep. Same network.

• Network cable hooked up to the server.
    • Network cable hooked up to the console.

Thank you. My PMS is a remote server, so i can not test it local.

I did some tests. If the connection to the server is unsecure, playback starts. If its a secure connection (green lock), never starts

edited October 30

@emreunal said:

I did some tests. If the connection to the server is unsecure, playback starts. If its a secure connection (green lock), never starts

Sorry for the late reply

What about sync, have you tried that? I always sync media for tea breaks at work etc.

That's assuming you're trying to playback media outside of your network.

@hit play said:

@emreunal said:

Sorry for the late reply

What about sync, have you tried that? I always sync media for tea breaks at work etc.

Tahnk you for your efforts

I found the problem. I am using my PMS under a custom domain name with http://mydomain.com:80 and https://mydomain.com:443. Apache is configured to serve the PMS over insecure and secure connection. The domain+port for secure connection is using Lets Encrypt as SSL Cert. If i open the ps4 app, he is using the secure method and this is the problem. With secure connection, i can reach my PMS and Librarys but cannot play anythng. If i disable the secure connection on PMS, its fine for the ps4 and its playing the content. I can not force the ps4 to use insecure connection, so its always connecting to pms over secure connection if its enabled on the PMS.

@emreunal said:

@hit play said:

@emreunal said:

Sorry for the late reply

Tahnk you for your efforts

I found the problem. I am using my PMS under a custom domain name with http://mydomain.com:80 and https://mydomain.com:443. Apache is configured to serve the PMS over insecure and secure connection. The domain+port for secure connection is using Lets Encrypt as SSL Cert. If i open the ps4 app, he is using the secure method and this is the problem. With secure connection, i can reach my PMS and Librarys but cannot play anythng. If i disable the secure connection on PMS, its fine for the ps4 and its playing the content. I can not force the ps4 to use insecure connection, so its always connecting to pms over secure connection if its enabled on the PMS.

No worries. Glad you got this sorted. :)