If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Cloud content & 2.009 - Transcoding gives 502 errors

Ian UKIan UK Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Using 2.009 on my Samsung 2014 TV, Direct Play works fine on all my Plex Cloud files, but trying to transcode or Direct Stream any file gives a 'this content cannot be found error' or a '502' error, I think this has has only started happening since the recent Plex Cloud updates.

Playing my Plex Cloud content on my Laptop allows transcoding of all files as usual.

Comments

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,382Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I could reproduce the behavior, though it seems to be limited to PlexCloud servers only.
    Other servers even remote ones didn't give me the problem.
    I will discuss it with the Plex team to see if we can find a solution.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• Ian UKIan UK Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK, thanks for letting me know, I hope you can find a fix.