If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Play Music doesn't work anymore on iOS and Android device

brichterbrichter Posts: 1Members

Playing music has stopped working. I can browse through my library but as soon as I try to play it says playing with starting at 0% but nothing happens. After a while it says an error occurred. I tried remotely, locally and with various devices. all the same. All versions are latest of course.

Answers

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,817Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @brichter said:
    Playing music has stopped working. I can browse through my library but as soon as I try to play it says playing with starting at 0% but nothing happens. After a while it says an error occurred. I tried remotely, locally and with various devices. all the same. All versions are latest of course.

    Get some server logs when you get the issue

    First ensure debug logging enabled
    See https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201643703-Reporting-issues-with-Plex-Media-Server
    Then restart the server to get fresh logs created
    Then try to play music on say Plex for IOS and when the issue arises, get a screenshot showing the ios app screen and time
    Then download the server logs and attach here with screenshot
    See https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • nonchiedercilaparolanonchiedercilaparola Posts: 33Members ✭✭

    Manufacturer: HUAWEI
    Device: hwALE-H
    Model: ALE-L21
    Product: ALE-L21
    Version: 5.0

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,817Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
    edited December 2017

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:
    Manufacturer: HUAWEI
    Device: hwALE-H
    Model: ALE-L21
    Product: ALE-L21
    Version: 5.0

    Would need logs from both sides - the server and the Plex for Android app

    All can be seen from the server end is that the android app abort the download of the track

    Dec 10, 2017 11:22:34.830 [0x7f966b3ff700] DEBUG - Request: [93.36.xxx.xxx:40961 (WAN)] GET /library/parts/22898/1502575384/file.flac?autoAdjustQuality=0&hasMDE=1&location=cellular (8 live) TLS GZIP Signed-in Token (nonchiedercilaparola)
    
    Dec 10, 2017 11:22:34.830 [0x7f966b3ff700] VERBOSE -  * location => cellular
    
    Dec 10, 2017 11:22:34.884 [0x7f966b3ff700] VERBOSE - [IDLE] * http_download - /library/parts/22898/1502575384/file.flac?autoAdjustQuality=0&hasMDE=1&location=cellular&X-Plex-Client-Identifier=87fd862b0cb6eb5d-com-plexapp-android&X-Plex-Supported-Commands=abort&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 1 active item(s)
    Dec 10, 2017 11:22:34.884 [0x7f966b3ff700] DEBUG - Content-Length of /home/nonchiedercilaparola/Musica/Archivio_Musica/Artisti/Pink_Floyd/1970 Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (Remaster US 1994)/01 Atom Heart Mother Suite 01.flac is 27147998.
    
    Dec 10, 2017 11:22:35.404 [0x7f9671ffe700] DEBUG - handleStreamRead code 335544539: short read
    Dec 10, 2017 11:22:35.404 [0x7f9671ffe700] DEBUG - NotificationStream: Removing because of error
    Dec 10, 2017 11:22:35.404 [0x7f96727ff700] DEBUG - Failed to stream media, client probably disconnected: 104 - Connection reset by peer
    

    For Android log
    See https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201573117-Android-Android-TV-Fire-TV-Logs

    After an error, get a screen capture and email the android app plex log to yourself and capture the server logs zip (see https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417)
    and attach both zips and screenshot

    PS: There is now a later version of Plex Media Server software - see https://plex.tv/downloads

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • nonchiedercilaparolanonchiedercilaparola Posts: 33Members ✭✭

    log from android smartphone (p8 lite with android 5.0)

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,817Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:
    log from android smartphone (p8 lite with android 5.0)

    Thank you

    I can see the Plex for Android app version 6.10.2 had an exception failure when attempting to direct play a track

    Is this still the case on the current version of the app? Version 6.11.2 was released earlier this week

    I will refer the crash to the android plex team - but please confirm that this failure is still occurring on current version of the app

    12-10 11:22:34.661  i: [Proxy] Request received: https://93-46-xxx-xxx.2b93xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.plex.direct:32400/library/parts/22898/1502575384/file.flac?autoAdjustQuality=0&hasMDE=1&location=cellular&X-Plex-Client-Identifier=87fd862b0cb6eb5d-com-plexapp-android&X-Plex-Supported-Commands=abort&X-Plex-Token=...ghzq
    
    12-10 11:22:35.243  e: Fatal exception occurred.
    12-10 11:22:35.245  e: An exception occurred: android.app.RemoteServiceException: Bad notification posted from package com.plexapp.android: Couldn't expand RemoteViews for: StatusBarNotification(pkg=com.plexapp.android user=UserHandle{0} id=2 tag=null score=0 key=0|com.plexapp.android|2|null|10145: Notification(pri=0 contentView=com.plexapp.android/0x109007f vibrate=null sound=null defaults=0x0 flags=0x62 color=0x00000000 category=transport actions=4 vis=PUBLIC))
    12-10 11:22:35.245  e: Stacktrace: android.app.RemoteServiceException: Bad notification posted from package com.plexapp.android: Couldn't expand RemoteViews for: StatusBarNotification(pkg=com.plexapp.android user=UserHandle{0} id=2 tag=null score=0 key=0|com.plexapp.android|2|null|10145: Notification(pri=0 contentView=com.plexapp.android/0x109007f vibrate=null sound=null defaults=0x0 flags=0x62 color=0x00000000 category=transport actions=4 vis=PUBLIC))
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1534)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5538)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:960)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:755)
    

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • nonchiedercilaparolanonchiedercilaparola Posts: 33Members ✭✭

    my version app is 6.11.2.3107 (888bc437) and the problem is only with music not video.

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,817Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:
    my version app is 6.11.2.3107 (888bc437) and the problem is only with music not video.

    could i please get fresh server and android logs from 6.11.2 and i will refer it to the development team

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • nonchiedercilaparolanonchiedercilaparola Posts: 33Members ✭✭

    are there news about this bug?

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,817Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:
    are there news about this bug?

    sorry - did not notice your update

    This has now been raised with the development team

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,817Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:
    sure, thanks

    The logs and exception event has been looked into and it appears to be an issue with OEM device. It has been reported for other apps - see here https://plus.google.com/116444954357911988581/posts/8mtzv9TaZUp

    The problem is being investigated by our plex android team

    Could you try to see if blocking app notifications avoids the problem

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • nonchiedercilaparolanonchiedercilaparola Posts: 33Members ✭✭

    @sa2000 said:

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:
    sure, thanks

    The logs and exception event has been looked into and it appears to be an issue with OEM device. It has been reported for other apps - see here https://plus.google.com/116444954357911988581/posts/8mtzv9TaZUp

    The problem is being investigated by our plex android team

    Could you try to see if blocking app notifications avoids the problem

    i not use blocking app:(

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,817Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:

    @sa2000 said:

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:
    sure, thanks

    The logs and exception event has been looked into and it appears to be an issue with OEM device. It has been reported for other apps - see here https://plus.google.com/116444954357911988581/posts/8mtzv9TaZUp

    The problem is being investigated by our plex android team

    Could you try to see if blocking app notifications avoids the problem

    i not use blocking app:(

    I meant disabling notification

    Android Settings / Sounds & Notifications / Application Notifications /
    Click then on the Plex icon
    and select Block

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • nonchiedercilaparolanonchiedercilaparola Posts: 33Members ✭✭

    @sa2000 said:

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:

    @sa2000 said:

    @nonchiedercilaparola said:
    sure, thanks

    The logs and exception event has been looked into and it appears to be an issue with OEM device. It has been reported for other apps - see here https://plus.google.com/116444954357911988581/posts/8mtzv9TaZUp

    The problem is being investigated by our plex android team

    Could you try to see if blocking app notifications avoids the problem

    i not use blocking app:(

    I meant disabling notification

    Android Settings / Sounds & Notifications / Application Notifications /
    Click then on the Plex icon
    and select Block

    sorry, now i understand. now seems it works:) why this bug only with music?

Sign In or Register to comment.