If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLEX app on Vizio M70-C3 hangs on logo, times out, "network disconnected", then repeats???

I recently had the entire tv replaced under warranty due to chronic "network disconnected" issues, but i can assure that it is not a network problem as i have far too many other fully functioning devices, servers, laptops, mobiles, even an Amazon Echo (1st gen beta) that function properly. We can use Plex from Firestick (Android), Samsung mobile (Android), iPhones (iOS), Chrome on macOS, etc, even the Apple TV (2nd gen) works. Only the Vizio can't connect proper. I have deleted the Vizio device on the server, and re-registered. My take is that this "smart" tv is not so smart. I know, what can i expect from a "cheap" tv???

Any suggestions on how to force this Vizio to behave?

BTW, my daughter and boyfriend are loving the TCL Roku that i recommended.

Tagged:

Answers

• twofingerpoitwofingerpoi Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Vizio tells me that they don't support the apps on their smart tv??? Plex is the only app that doesn't work, while Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube etc all function. Also, the Plex app was working then recently and suddenly stopped. Vizio suggested a factory reset, and it worked again briefly after linking, then stopped shortly after.

• kentemplinkentemplin Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any luck with this?

• twofingerpoitwofingerpoi Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Vizio disavows any responsibility for the apps on the smart tv, and suggested i contact the app provider directly. My Plex server was offline for a few days due to a blown power supply, and the client worked briefly after i repaired the server and it was back online, but then retreated to some unknown connectivity issue. Client launches, logo displays and never progresses.

We've resorted to using the Plex client on the FireStick, or with the Chromecast since the Vizio client will not cooperate. Since all the other Vizio apps work fine, I can only assume that it is indeed an issue introduced recently by Plex update. This used to work so reliably.

• Magnus33Magnus33 Posts: 274Members ✭✭

This may not be entirely a plex issue.

I seen this happen before when routers don't want to give out the ip correctly for plex server or the like correctly after its disconnected.
    For many devices this isn't a issue but for others it can be a pain

Have you tried shutting down router and then rebooting it?

Letting everything reconnect fresh may fix your connection issue.

• BigDanBigDan Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this issue too, I think it's new as my Plex app on my Vizio was working recently.