If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Watch later not working.

plex_gbplex_gb Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Recently Watch Later has stopped working. I've upgraded to 1.8.0.148 but this has not cured the issue. I can select a Youtube video added using PlexIt, but cannot view any information about it, nor get prompted for a resolution to play, nothing happens. I suspect it's a change made to PMS rather than Youtube, because they work using the Windows Store App Plex client. Anyone know how I can get this working again?

Best Answer

• plex_gbplex_gb Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Thanks Daniel, it seems to be working again for the most part. A different issue last night -Plex It was 'failing' to add videos, but they were making it into the list anyway.

Answers

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 321Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do the videos play in plexweb?

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT
    Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

The plot thickens. Yes they work in Plex Web. But....
    After weeks of not working, last night, after finally making this post and doing some searching/testing, I thought I'd try my luck again and remarkably I was able to watch a 'Watch Later' Youtube video with success. So my possible theories are:
    1. Youtube rolled back a change they made to their API
    2. The act of me playing a video using the Store App did something to my Plex account correcting an issue.
    3. Somehow plex.tv infrastructure is involved in playing a Watch Later video and they fixed something.
    4. Watch Later only works when I've had a few drinks and I am planning to go to bed.

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 321Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 1

Watch later can be annoying, it does go DOWN occasionally, but seems not for everyone at the same time

there does seem to be plex.tv in the middle someewhere, as when this happens to me, also cannot watch videos from vimeo etc at the same time as youtube doesnt work,

i also find it sometimes breaks right after a PMS update which is odd, and i have to restart PMS to get it back

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT
    Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

Accepted Answer

Thanks Daniel, it seems to be working again for the most part. A different issue last night -Plex It was 'failing' to add videos, but they were making it into the list anyway.