If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Bluetooth Data Not Updating

CriminalCaponeCriminalCapone Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, I just recently purchased the Pixel 2 with Android Oreo (8.0.0) and it only shows the data for the first song. I tried Pandora and the data is updated without any issues. It's only affecting Plex. I had a Galaxy S6 prior with Android Nougat and it sent the data without any issues. The stereo I have is a Pioneer AVH-X4600BT. Currently I have Plex version 6.7.1.2498 installed. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 1,375Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

I have a 6P and side loaded Oreo and since I have had the same behavior.

I wasn't sure if it was related to side loaded OS or what but when I play an item via bluetooh in the car it displays the song info for first item played but never updates for each track after.

It does appear to only impact Plex on Oreo, I will see about getting this reported through the appropriate channels.

• epgulbrandsenepgulbrandsen Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nexus 6p on oreo. Same problem. Works fine with other media players, like Google play music, YouTube, amazon music, etc...shows first track Metadata, and that is it.

• ericlojoericlojo Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Pixel 2 XL same problem. Only shows first track data regardless of how you change or add songs after the first song.

• richmaneririchmaneri Posts: 9Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Pixel 2 as well, only the first song from the first time connected. If I restart the phone I'll get a new 'first' song listed.

• ericlojoericlojo Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As of the latest update, on my Pixel 2 XL (Android 8.1), the metadata updates when a new song is played, but it is inconsistent. Sometimes it updates and sometimes it does not. Almost there. Please fix.

• CriminalCaponeCriminalCapone Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Following up I recently tried it again with Android 8.1. If I manually skip to the next song it works without issue. If the current song is over and Plex automatically starts the next song the metadata is not updated.

• richmaneririchmaneri Posts: 9Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No movement on my end. If I restart the phone, the metadata updates on the car's screen. Otherwise it remains whatever was played first.

• mjarendsmjarends Posts: 204Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing the same issue on a One Plus 5 running OOS 5.0.1 (Android 8.0.0 with December security fixes).I have tried on three other audio apps (PocketCasts, Ultrasonic, Pandora) and they are working correctly. Running Android app 6.11.3.3147.

Had this resolved for others with the latest app?