If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

HDHomerun Extend not working with Plex

I am in some need of some help. I am new to the Plex and HDHomeRun world. I am running my Plex Server off of a 2009 Mac Mini and I originally bought a HDHomerun Quatro which worked great, but my system was not powerful enough to transcode the recordings. Which made the DVR pointless. So I swapped the Quatro out for the Extend because of the built in transcoder. After I initially set it up I was able to view live TV on my devices, but it did not record. The recording seem to be recording but they never showed up anywhere. Now, a day later, I am unable to even view live TV with the HDHomerun through Plex. I am able to watch it through HDHomeruns Software. What do I need to do to get my recordings to record and my Live TV to work with Plex?

Thanks,

JohnO

Answers

• isaacrdzisaacrdz Posts: 100Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Are both the Extend and Quatro listed in the Live TV & DVR section of the PMS settings? I had removed my Extend and setup the Quatro but couldn't get anything to play unless I removed the Extend config as well. Granted, the Extend wasn't connected at this time, but it was odd the PMS couldn't automatically switch to the tuner of the connected HDHomerun. This was in my case though and I run it off of a 2011 Mac Mini.