If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What size SSD do I need to run Plex

CaptJakeCaptJake Posts: 13Members ✭✭

What size SSD do I need to run Plex? All my Movies,TV and Music are on 4 3tb drives.

Best Answer

Answers

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 2,733Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

BIG one. Especially if you use media thumbnail indexing (so you can see little thumbnails while fast forwarding/rewinding)
    I have about 5 TB of media, my Plex Media Server meta folder is 61,934 MB. That's not including anything but Plex data.
    (That's counting my plugins/related data too, but I'd guess that's only a few percentage points)
    Though I'm on Windows, I'd see no reason the various *nix flavors would require much different for the metadata storage and transcoding cache.

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K, 16GB DDR3 SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.9.7.4460
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 4TB RAID1 (Intel) + 4 x 4TB RAID5 (QNAP w/HGST drives)
    Shares - From: 1  - To: 20(6) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~25mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - PlexPy - UASv2 - PlexEmail - SS Plex - FMoviesPlus - G2G.FM