If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa plex skill server communication?

WatchTowerPlexWatchTowerPlex Posts: 70Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does anyone know how the plex skill communicates with the server? Does it only use IP and port?

I am having an issue where once I have the skill setup it will say "Sorry, I’m having trouble accessing your plex skill right now"

I suspect that it is trying to communicate with the server directly via IP and port instead of using the configured connection uri. I have my plex server sitting behind a reverse proxy which works perfectly for everything else and since I have the connection uri configured on the plex server, all plex player clients are able to discover the server using that method. I suspect that the plex skill does not follow the same discovery mechanism as other clients.

Best Answer

• WatchTowerPlexWatchTowerPlex Posts: 70Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 8 Accepted Answer

This resolved itself after a few days. I can confirm that alexa plex skill does work in front of a reverse proxy.

Answers

• WatchTowerPlexWatchTowerPlex Posts: 70Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 8 Accepted Answer

This resolved itself after a few days. I can confirm that alexa plex skill does work in front of a reverse proxy.