If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What information is shared with news providers

or-3719or-3719 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

According to your privacy policy "Information We Collect", you take the liberty to share users data with content providers.
What exactly are you shariong with the providers of the news feeds?
I am especially interested to know if you
a.) share my IP
b.) allow them direct access to my session, eg do you them to place and /or read their and/or 3rd party tracking cookies on my device
c.) do you share any other data specific to me, even if "anonymous", like geography, account type, usage frequency, etc, which allows the provider to tailor the ads
Thanks so much in advance
OR

Answers

• kinoCharlinokinoCharlino Posts: 1,449Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The only data we share with news providers is in the form of aggregate usage reports that are anonymized to Plex, with nothing tied to a user in any way.

Search our Knowledge Base for more help