If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Orca - codec info for theme music please?

Orca Sir, I have an issue with my AV amp (nothing to do with Plex) which occurs occasionally when I click on a TV series and the theme music plays. The issue also happens when I play mp3 music from my music collection - also randomly. I was wondering if you can advise me which codec is used when the TV theme music is played - the issue is that my amp sometimes gets confused with the codec (a firmware bug) and plays the sound crazy loud and with massive distortion. I have found youtube app on Smarthub also does this occasionally with sound in videos (guessing a similarity in codec between what Youtube app uses to what your Plex app uses when playing TV theme or music. Can you please let me know what format your Plex app sends sound in for these?

Thanks in advance, Paul

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,382Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Theme music is mp3

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• pjamediapjamedia Posts: 16Members ✭✭

Makes me wonder if youtube streams the audio in mp3 also, if it does, then that must be the link. Cheers Orca, Paul