If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PS4 App. "Plex is unable to start due to an error"

gorgarp123gorgarp123 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

It was working fine a few hours ago.

Server is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Up to date non beta. Running downstream from .deb repos.

I've done the following;

Restarted server
"reset" from within playstation app.
Uninstalled playstation app
Rebuilt database on playstation
Confirmed it works from web on same network

Everything is behind the firewall on locally routed switch. No VLAN issues or routing problems. (Besides, worked fine a couple hours ago)

This one...has me stumped.

Best Answer

• gorgarp123gorgarp123 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Yeah, it worked on web.

I ended up purging the .deb install on linux. Reinstalled with dpkg -i.

Up and running now. I can post logs if a dev wants to run it down but it's working now.

Answers

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any other clients work? Web App? Would help narrow the problem to the PS if so.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

Accepted Answer

Yeah, it worked on web.

I ended up purging the .deb install on linux. Reinstalled with dpkg -i.

Up and running now. I can post logs if a dev wants to run it down but it's working now.

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Interesting. The only time that it ever stopped working for me on a client, a router power cycle fixed it. I would tend to believe if it works for most, it should work for all, and there's something in the middle causing the issue.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

Yeah, at first I thought it was networking but I rebooted my entire networking environment. Nothing wrong there. shrug