If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Server stops responding on occasion

wampler11wampler11 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Occasionally (like once a week or so) the server stops responding to any clients (including web), however it appears that the server is still performing other actions like recording TV. Restarting the plex service restores functionality. Any ideas on where to start looking? Running on Freenas in it's own jail. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Two things I do that seem to prevent this for me. First, I restart the PMS server daily. Since I run it on Windows, I have an automated process that handles this daily early in the morning. Second, I try to power cycle my Router once a week. Both of these actions seem to keep the network functioning as it should.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

• wampler11wampler11 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I guess that could be an option, although I'd like to figure out what causes it in the first place.