If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

why am I limited to 0.6Mpbs through internet on 4G?(maybe other platform too)

vigilianvigilian Posts: 63Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So apparently i m limited to 0,6 Mbps according to the ios interface.
but my server has 18Mpbs bandwith in upload. I've notified to the plex server that only 5 Mbps were available and 4Mbps are authorized for streaming.
3 streams are authorized but noone was streaming at the time.
I ve tried to change on the server the parameter for x264 from fatest to fast.
the cpu is really not been used much when I stream. I've tried to change the parameters on the ios device and try to ask for another qualit but it stays between 0.5 and 0.8 even when I m asking for 2Mbps...
is it a bug ? or something related to the ios 11.1 on iphone 7 ?

Answers

• str3ssstr3ss Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Where do you see the bandwidth indicator/limit in iOS?

• vigilianvigilian Posts: 63Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

informations about the playback... maybe it s a wrong informaiton? Should I look or control it elsewhere?

I've tested from another server of mine, on a qnap device. Same client for playback so the iphone with ios, same result as bandwith..
    So how this bandwith is calculated ? Is it because of the resolution of the iphone ?

it seems to be definetly an ios problem since I have the good result on the web player on a laptop remotely for example.