If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Android Auto Crash

tohil.nettohil.net Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

hi

Testing Plex on Android Auto. but it always crashes, when i choose my music library. Just with a smaller playlist, it works after a long waiting period.
any one else expirencing this unstabilitiy issues?

Answers

• wlkofdoomwlkofdoom Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i cant get it to work at all

• goldmegoldme Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah. I have the same problem. When the playlist is small (+- 50 items) it loads up ok. When it is 250+ items sometimes it does not work. It keeps displaying the loading icon but nothing appears.

• brigriggbrigrigg Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not using any playlists and it seems the app isn't that reliable in AA mode. A lot of the time it'll say something like, "Plex doesn't appear to be working right now." (or something similar)

And there doesn't seem to be a great way to play local/synced content in AA mode either, unless you have a playlist. I normally just have Plex play local content in random mode when driving, and there isn't an option in AA mode. Also, voice commands default to the PMS versions, which is counter intuitive. If I tell it to play an artist, it'll play the non-local version. If AA is going to block so many clicks for safety (which I can understand), there has to be a method to do the same tasks via voice commands.

• pablosbrainpablosbrain Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Android auto support never works for me in either of my vehicles that support AA. Even trying to play audio already synced to my local device. Couldn't play anything.