If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex 2.009 disconnects WiFi

Ian UKIan UK Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I have a strange bug that seems to stop my Samsung TV's (2014) WiFi from working when using the Plex app.

As with my other bug report (HERE) I only use the Plex Cloud server, and this problem also seems to have occured since the last cloud server update.

Other apps on the TV (Netflix/Amazon/All4/iPlayer etc) all work fine for hours, as soon as I load up Plex it only runs for about 3-5 mins and then hangs, when I check the network - the TV has lost the connection, turning it off and on restores connection but it loses it again as soon as Plex is launched again after about 5 mins.

Plex apps on my Laptop and my Android device continue to work well with no interruptions.

As I mention, my TV works fine with Netflix and Amazon and other apps, but refuses to stay connected with the Plex app since the latest cloud update.

I have tried a factory reset and reinstalled the Plex app but it has made no difference.

Answers

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 417Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Stupid question: do you get this with a wired connection too?

• Ian UKIan UK Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sadly I can't try a wired connection due to the location of the TV, however it has worked fine using wifi for years, and as I mentioned all other apps on the same TV continue to work correctly, it seems to have only started doing this since the recent Plex Cloud update.