If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Play Version" no longer honored from android OR web!

sbrudenellsbrudenell Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since the update to the Chromecast app yesterday, "Play Version" is no longer honored at all, even when controlling chromecast from a web browser.

If I have multiple versions of the same media, I get the "Play Version" selection screen both on android and plex web. When playing back directly in the web browser, it will play the version I choose. However when casting to Chromecast, my selection is ignored, and the version is auto-picked.

"Play Version" has been ignored on the Android client for over a year now (see http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/241089/play-version-bug#latest), but now it has spread to the web player.

PMS version: 1.9.7.4441
Android app version: 6.7.1.2498 (c5c6871a)
Chromecast Ultra: System firmware version: 100555
Chromecast Ultra: Cast firmware version: 1.28.100555

Comments

• sbrudenellsbrudenell Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This seems fixed now, for the web player only. It still doesn't work from Android.

PMS version: 1.9.7.4460

• kysekyse Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just noticed this last night. Casting to the latest non-ultra chromecast model from my tablet running android 8 and latest beta server on linux. I would try to play a non 3d version, and it would keep playing the 3d version on screen. Even tried tricking it by picking the 3d version and it still played the 3d version. So basically it's just grabbing the default version for the entry and running with it.

I think I tested incorrectly before. I'm not currently able to select versions when remote controlling from web.

As of right now, there's no way to control Chromecast to select the correct media item.

PMS version: 1.10.0.4516
    Android App version (via Settings menu): 6.9.0.2683 (c21bd300)

To repeat, there is no way to play the correct media version on any Chromecast platform

PMS version: 1.11.0.4666
    Android App version: 6.11.3.3147 (bb34b27a)
    Chromecast Ultra: 1.29.106401
    Chromecast: 1.29.104827
    NVIDIA Shield Chromecast built-in: 1.29.104695

• mdebenhammdebenham Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Same issue here, my wifi can be a bit spotty so I maintain lower bitrate versions of my videos but cannot select them so have to rely on poorer quality transcodes.