If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Update Plex Server under Thecus OS 7

mausebienchenmausebienchen Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Every time I update the Plex server, I have to configure all the settings including the libraries again.
Earlier in OS 5 it used to be easier. Since an update has not overwritten everything.
Am I doing the update in this OS incorrectly maybe?

Answers

• MassaguanaMassaguana Posts: 1,833Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I Think there are nothing to do wrong to update Plex... just choose the file from plex.tv download page an press Install.

But, i think there are an issue with OS7, because there are an really old "bug" in Plex for Thecus. Problem, the Database are inside the Modul.

You can test this 3rd Party app please: http://forum.thecus.com/showthread.php?tid=12812

But you must start "Clean"

Primary PMS: Thecus N10850, 16GB RAM, Intel Xeon Quad "E3-1225" 3,1 GHz

Secundary PMS: KVM VPS Server(), 2 GB RAM, 3 E5v3 CPU Cores (3664 Passmark), GSuite & ACD Storage Crypted with rclone and plexdrive

Media Storage: Thecus N10850 10x 6 TB Raid6 Crypted

Desktop Clients: 1 x MacPro 5,1, 2 x 27" iMac, 1x Asus Chromebox OpenPHT, 3x Raspberry Pi OpenPHT, Samsung TV KS9090
    Mobile Clients: 1 x iPhone 6s, 1 x iPhone 6, 1 x iPhone 7+, 1 x iPad Air, 1x iPad Pro 12,9

Airplay Targets: 1x Denon AVR-4311 

• mausebienchenmausebienchen Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you for your answer. Okay, I did nothing wrong but it´s not comfortable to
    have to create new libraries after every update :-(