If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

macOS High Sierra Browsers and Plex Player cannot find local Seagate ARMv7 NAS Plex Server

jackxujhjackxujh Posts: 4Members

After upgrading to macOS High Sierra, I can no longer access my PMS -- neither on Safari/Chrome nor the Plex Player app. The UI says "Looking for Servers..." like forever. But I can access it from iOS safari and iOS Plex app.

I have upgraded everything to the latest version, as well as resetting the Plex Player app and clearing caches in browsers, but it didn't help.

My PMS is running on a ARMv7 Seagate NAS.

Is there anything I should do to resolve this? Thanks!

Answers

• jackxujhjackxujh Posts: 4Members

Weird enough, that after posting this, the Plex app on Mac works, and iOS safari no longer works.

Hence, now the apps all work, but the browsers do not.