If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why are my files now stopping a few minutes before actually over??

AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 146Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

seems on my Roku atleast all of my media files are "ending" right before they should and cutting off a minute or two, apparently this has started after a PMS update as I recall after the Roku itself updated it still worked fine.

I haven't even been using the xbox due to the interface so I have only tested this on Roku so that's why its here in this forum, it may be that it should actually be in the PMS forum

Best Answers

Answers

• AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 146Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 11

thanks, replied to all of them, guess I shall wait on another update, I may have not taken any programming classes in many years, but its strange to me how unless a large code rewrite is taking place, stuff gets broke, the last 3 PMS updates didn't seem to make a difference to me, I was having no other issues before them than with the awful new xbox plex app, the rest were running fine, not sure what they updated in the PMS, if they are working with the xbone app, it needs addressed on that end if all other platforms had been working ok

• Bartlomiej BaraniecBartlomiej Baraniec Posts: 1,938Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I decided to update my PMS today because I'm still running 1.8.1 and I'm like 14 releases behind.
    Un/fortunately for me I've clicked skip this update earlier today and I my "check for updates" button is grayed out.
    Apparently it's a feature or a bug to be decided but lazy me decided to skip this version.
    I'm always few releases behind for a good reason. Today I've decided to make an exception. Seems luck was on my side.
    And yes, I am following your xbox trash app topic :smile: I hate the new PMP v2/Xbox interface

• tehmarktehmark Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Did the same. Make sure you attach your logs. You can get them from Settings > Server > Help > Download Logs

• mikoatlmikoatl Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ughh this started happening, I followed the link but I cant find the rollback to 1.9.7.4441 . . .

while this may work, i prefer not to choose this option, removing and reinstalling is a totally different process than just running and update, while the media library MAY remain intact, there is always a chance it wont, id rather not risk having to veritas recover my C drive where everything but media is stored just to fix a possible issue with databases, uninstalling and reinstalling etc. thanks for the advice but i will wait out for the fix, while i know you guys are working hard on the xbox UI which everyone has voiced displeasure on, i hope this issue is being given a decent priority, i can wait a bit.

a really good thing that might be useful on this forum is a master PMS version heading with a sub forum for each version released where early adopters can point out issues they have had that are server related so we can browse the version showing on the update window before we just go out and install it. we can know some of the issues, and if we see a thread with 100 people saying its not doing this right, i can just click skip, or ignore the bar that says an update is available.

@sa2000 said:
    You can uninstall the Plex Pass beta release 1.9.7.4441 and install the public release version 1.9.6.4429 until the issue is investigated and fixed
    See https://www.plex.tv/downloads/

If you are running the server on windows, you would need to uninstall 1.9.7.4441 first through control panel / add or remove programs and then install 1.9.6.4429

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 14

This is happening to me as well on Roku. My solution is to use the gawd awful Xbox version until a patch rolls out.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

• nuchdognuchdog Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My wife is literally about to kill someone. She’s been trying to watch the last minute of a show for the past 5 minutes. I had to hand her my phone.

• media.pfjtechnics.nlmedia.pfjtechnics.nl Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For several days after update PMS to 1.9.7.4441 we have te same problems with playback videofiles
    On our TV (LG Smart TV) when there is about 1:07 playtime to go, playback stops.

Today I've tested it through Plexweb 3.26.2, at aprox 1:07 to go, plexweb still plays the videofiles, but subtitles are not displayed anymore.

Also I've tested plex on my LG Smartphone through the plex-app for Andriod 6.9.0.2683, there were no problems, I could whatch the videofiles till the end with subtitles.

Running PMS on Windows Server 2012R2 x64

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,202Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
    Accepted Answer

The hotfix for the early exit when playing transcoded media is now available as Plex Pass Beta Release 1.9.7.4460

Release Notice http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1557210/#Comment_1557210

• (Playback) Playback would end early on some devices

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• media.pfjtechnics.nlmedia.pfjtechnics.nl Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@sa2000 I'll try the update later.

For version 1.9.7.4441 i'd like to comment

I read another topic: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/295382/stopping-playback-before-episodes-are-complete#latest

asjmcguireplex mentioned to change the settings of the transcoder.
    I'f put the setting to 20 seconds, and al my players a working fine now. (TV en Web)

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,202Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@media.pfjtechnics.nl said:
    @sa2000 I'll try the update later.

For version 1.9.7.4441 i'd like to comment

I read another topic: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/295382/stopping-playback-before-episodes-are-complete#latest

asjmcguireplex mentioned to change the settings of the transcoder.
    I'f put the setting to 20 seconds, and al my players a working fine now. (TV en Web)

buffering 60 seconds would be better than buffering 20 seconds - but the reduction did help you with this issue.
    Suggest you revert to the default and try the hot fix release

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

edited November 14

@as2003 i've installed the last hotfix 1.9.7.4460 and put the transcoder back to 60 seconds

It looks like the problems are solved after installing the hotfix.
    We'll see it tonight when we're go chilling with our videofiles. ;)

@media.pfjtechnics.nl said:
    @as2003 i've installed the last hotfix 1.9.7.4460 and put the transcoder back to 60 seconds

It looks like the problems are solved after installing the hotfix.
    We'll see it tonight when we're go chilling with our videofiles. ;)

Yesterday i've played over 5 hours of videofiles with no problems, looks like the hotfix has fixed the problems.

Yep hotfix solved my issue also, thanks to the Plex team