If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex on Roku skips to next video with ~ 1 minute of video remaining (TV Shows)

rszehnderrszehnder Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex is used daily in my house across multiple phones/devices/players and has worked flawlessly for me for years. Recently I have been having an issue with Plex ending the video. If I try to play the video and advance to where I left off, sometimes I will play to the end and sometimes it will stop again after a few seconds.

This issue does not appear to happen on the iOS app, casting to a Chromecast device or viewing PMS from a web browser. I have tried updating the Roku 3 to the newest firmware version as well as deleting the Plex channel from the Roku and reinstalling it. None of which solved my issue.

This may be an issue with movies as well, I just have not experienced it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any insight in how to debug/correct the issue? It has been consistent, reproducing the issue is definitely not a problem. lol

I appreciate any help to resolve this issue

Best Answers

Answers

• rszehnderrszehnder Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry, you are 100% correct. I searched the public forums but didn't sign in first otherwise i would have found the threads.

Thanks for the quick response.

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@sa2000 said:
    The hotfix for the early exit when playing transcoded media is now available as Plex Pass Beta Release 1.9.7.4460

Thank you Jeebus!

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"