If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex app on Smart TV LG 55EG910V compatible with Plex Home / Parental Controls ?

Good morning, I own this TV from december 2015, I'd like to implement the Plex Home / Parental Controls for my entire library to be used safely by my two childrens (5 and 10 years old), till now I've different library organized as Parents, Family, Child but without any restrictions.

I'm using the official Plex app bought from the store available in my Smart TV, my question is if this app is compatible with Plex Home / Parental Controls as I'd like to implement them but, for what I know, I've to subscrive to Plex Pass in order to use this feature.

Thank you, regards.

Core:

• PMS version 0.9.11.678-c48ffd2 running on iMac 21.5 Late 2009 - 12 GB RAM - 1067 MHz DDR3 - 3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.5
  • Qnap Nas TS-469L (QTS 4.1.4 Build 20150522) with 4x4TB Western Digital RED in RAID 5 configuration (Plex Data Library)

Devices:

iPad Air 16 GB (iOS 9.01 - 13A404)

Best Answers

Answers

• PlexPassMiolaPlexPassMiola Posts: 127Members ✭✭

Hi nokdim, thank you very much for your reply, it sounds very very interesting.

For what I'm understanding I've before to define appropriate rate content (I mean PG-xx) on my data and after to create specific users to be associated to the previous data.

One question: if I create a user to see only ratings PG-13 and below once logged in he will see only that data in Plex client app ? Or he can view the entire library but when he decide to view a movie (e.g. PG-18) the Plex will prompt for a PIN ?

Regards,

Core:

• PMS version 0.9.11.678-c48ffd2 running on iMac 21.5 Late 2009 - 12 GB RAM - 1067 MHz DDR3 - 3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Qnap Nas TS-469L (QTS 4.1.4 Build 20150522) with 4x4TB Western Digital RED in RAID 5 configuration (Plex Data Library)

Devices:

• PlexPassMiolaPlexPassMiola Posts: 127Members ✭✭

Hi nokdim, I'll try this feature.

Sorry if I make another question: is it possible to have an output of my entire library items organized by actual ratings/labels ?

Bye, Roberto.

Core:

Devices:

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 907Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

The easiest way is to do it on a per Library basis so Select TV Shows -

Make sure you have All selected -

On the right side select "List View" -

Again on right side click this drop down and add the "Content Rating" Column -

Now you can sort by this column -

If you wanted to do some DB export for Labels and look at the data that way let me know but this is usually the easiest way for a user to view this information.