If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"watched" status not being synced back to server when watching offline

AnijakeAnijake Posts: 121Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For more the a year this has been happening, was posted to the beta forum but nothing was ever done. Does anyone else have this problem? I have upgraded phones and iPads, installed and reinstalled the IOS app. Have completely redid my server from scratch with new OS and server install, and still no syncing of watched status.

Server version: 1.9.6.4429
Clients, w/ versions, if applicable: IOS build 4.20 12070

What you did? Watch a show off line on IOS (iPad or iPhone)

What happened? Was not marked watched on the server

What you expected? To have episode mark watched on the server

I sync unwatched, on deck so I always have the latest on my wifi only iPad. If I halfway watch a episode while out and then come back home, the watch status of the halfway watched show syncs to the server once on wifi, all well and good.
The problem is that if I finish a episode outside then come back home to wifi the "watched" status does not sync back to the server. Because of this the episode does not get removed and the next one synced over. I have to manually on plexweb have to mark "watched" for this to happen.

Is there something I am missing?

Comments

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Are you... watching anything on network before turning on/waking the iPad? Perhaps it's favoring the watched status database that's been updated most recently?

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

• AnijakeAnijake Posts: 121Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nope, new episodes not watched anywhere else.