If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

BUG: Video Out Non-Functional on iOS 11

jstahl78jstahl78 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My wife uses Plex on her iPhone to play video content on her in-car entertainment system for the kiddos. She connects her iPhone via Lightning-to-HDMI that then plugs into the HDMI in on her car. This has worked wonderfully for years. She recently upgraded to iOS 11 and since then, she has discovered that Plex is unable to play video. Instead, it just displays the album art on the display. I confirmed the issue myself this afternoon after trying my previously working iPhone newly upgraded to iOS 11. Same issue. We cannot get video to play at all using the Lightning-to-HDMI.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else run into this? I couldn't find any other threads on the issue. If so... does anyone have any suggestions for workarounds?

Answers

• jschlosserjschlosser Posts: 1Members

Hi,
    Same issue here.. went to ios 11 and now can't play plex from lightning to hdmi.. you get sound but no video.. it works in protrait which is weird, but when you turn for landscape you lose it. Sooo frustrating....

• jstahl78jstahl78 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

YUP! That's the exact same issue I'm running into. It's rendered Plex nearly useless to me as 99% of its use is to play videos for the kids on my wife's built-in car entertainment system. Any idea how we get visibility into this bug? I can't seem to find any other way to report this as a bug.

• btye1btye1 Posts: 1Members

There is another forum that states that a version of the app should be released on 11/22, which fixes airplay , which hopefully should fix the Lightning to HDMI adapter issue as well, since the adapter does a pseudo-airplay mirroring when plugged in.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/288202/airplay-from-plex-on-ios-11-broken/p3

• sergiou87sergiou87 Plex for iOS Developer SpainPosts: 596Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I'm afraid the issue with Airplay was different to this, sorry. We're aware of this issue with HDMI out and will look into it as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting!