If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles won't appear when played.

jcjohnson72jcjohnson72 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi thanks for reading this. I am on version 1.9.7.4460 although this problem has persisted the last several versions.

The subtitle shows in the settings when you have the move pulled up and is checked to play. There is no subtitle displayed while playing. If I watch the movie on my laptop in VLC the subtitles appear and display properly.

I have subtitles stored in the same directory as the movie is stored with the same name except for extension is .srt. I have gone in to the Settings\Server\Agents and moved local media to the first option. I created an opensubtitles.org account and added the credentials to plex and made that the second option down.

I have read the forums and wasn't able to find what I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

Answers