If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Google Assistant on Android TV

ml3000ml3000 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In the update yesterday it enabled Google Assistant for the Android Tv. Does anyone have a list of commands that works? I also read that it doesnt work with the Google Home. Does anyone know if ti work with the assistant on an android device? Thanks

Answers

• darkunidarkuni Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am looking for this list too. Every "news" article you find via Google is a regurgitation of the same press release - which said ... pretty much nothing.

More specifically, I'd like to know how to have Google Assistant shuffle play a TV series. AKA

Hey Google ... Shuffle Play Modern Family With Plex

... any help appreciated!

• sre2112sre2112 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@darkuni said:
    I am looking for this list too. Every "news" article you find via Google is a regurgitation of the same press release - which said ... pretty much nothing.

More specifically, I'd like to know how to have Google Assistant shuffle play a TV series. AKA

Hey Google ... Shuffle Play Modern Family With Plex

... any help appreciated!

Same question.....I can get assistant to play a movie by saying something like "Play Star Wars on Plex" but I haven't figured out how to get it to play music "e.g. Play some Pearl Jam on Plex"

• kkornegaykkornegay Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

There are some basics. You can tell it to pause, play and other basic functions while watching. On my shield atleast the only issues launching stuff has been around users. It tries to access the last user you were and if for instance the user didn't have a library another user does etc. it just can't find it. Shield just needs the Spot for always on mic not requiring the controller for this to be the ultimate solution. Nvidia - were still waiting.................. lol