If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Your connection to the server is not fast enough" with every videos

nicop91200nicop91200 Posts: 1Members

Hi,

I am running libreelec 8 (kodi 17.1) and plexkodiconnect (1.8.1 if I remember well). Internet link is 100Mbps, the plex server is hosted on the internet, on a dedicated server (i3, 100Mbps internet).
Since very recently, I can't read any video, I always have the same error : "Your connection to the server is not fast enough ..."
I tried to reinstall libreelec and kodi but still the same
I also tried the official plex client, under android OS.

It was just working fine before, and it is working with the plex client with phone and chromecast

Any idea ?

thanks

Comments

• beeftrashbeeftrash Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Have you resolved this? I am having a similar problem but only on my 4k content.

• WireisWireis Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had a similar problem with my Openelec rig for months, it cracked me up and the missus too, turned out i was only feeding it a 10/100 connection, I upgraded my Ethernet switch in the roofspace to push full gigabit down to my Asus Chromebox Openelec.

My setup was at the time;
    PlexMediaServer(WAN) > Netgear R7000(10/100/1000) > Ethernet Switch(10/100) > Chromebox(10/100)

After replacing the bottle neck i.e the switch on the connection this seemed to solve all problems I had with streaming..

After upgrading switch;
    PlexMediaServer(WAN) > Netgear R7000(10/100/1000) > Ethernet Switch(10/100/1000) > Chromebox(10/100/1000)

One other thing to check is to restrict your stream quality, do a speed check on your LAN (not over wireless!) to see what sort of speeds your getting and make sure your stream quality in your Plex client is set around 70-80% of that speed test, this in theory should cap your stream quality for seem less stream and not totally buck out your bandwidth for other devices.

Hope this helps
    W.