Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

When will the xbox one support live tv?

rykrrykr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 100 Plex Pass

Just wondering when the xbox one will support live tv or access to the program guide/recording schedule?

Answers

• kenkasmarkenkasmar Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

+1 on this ????

• wheresbrentwheresbrent Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Here here! +1

• rykrrykr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 100 Plex Pass

Just got Kodi for Xbox one!

• mbarylskimbarylski Members, Plex Pass Posts: 574 Plex Pass

@rykr said:
    Just wondering when the xbox one will support live tv or access to the program guide/recording schedule?

Unfortunately it seems the answer is, "when pigs fly". I don't know who is deciding the priority of changes, but it's really getting annoying that they keep rolling out new features without finishing existing features or achieving feature parity. Gee, Plex, thanks for collections. Oh, wait, can't use them because just like live TV they're not supported in the Xbox one app. Really wish they'd spend more time completing existing features and achieving feature parity.

• Mdhwoods1Mdhwoods1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

Its funny, because I want to give them my money, but with no live tv support for xbox one its a no go.

Now with Kodi on xb1 I don't care quite as much

• Mdhwoods1Mdhwoods1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

@rykr said:
    Now with Kodi on xb1 I don't care quite as much

ya, nice to see if finally make its way back, but it has a long ways to go to be useful. Lots of bugs but still nice tha have back at its roots.

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 6,981 Plex Employee

We're in the process of adding support for Live TV/DVR for the Web TV interface, which is what powers the XB1 app (among others). I can't give you a specific date, of course, but it is being worked on currently.

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• mbarylskimbarylski Members, Plex Pass Posts: 574 Plex Pass

@elan said:
    We're in the process of adding support for Live TV/DVR for the Web TV interface, which is what powers the XB1 app (among others). I can't give you a specific date, of course, but it is being worked on currently.

Wow, thank you for chiming in @elan . Really appreciate the info. Looking forward to the Live TV/DVR functionality. :smile:

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 6,981 Plex Employee

My pleasure!

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• chriswmoodychriswmoody Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

+1 - canceling my plex.pass until this feature is available. Live TV was the main reason I got the plex pass

• IllMethodsIllMethods Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass

I bought into a plex pass early cause it was really useful, still use it to this day. Live tv on Xbox one is something I'm waiting on though. Have 3 Xbox one's at home and they all get used for plex with the media remote

• bmcg7982bmcg7982 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

@elan are you able to give an update on how this is progressing? I understand you can't give a specific date but are you able to give a rough timeline at all? 1 month, 3 months, 6months?

• MoussaMoussa Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,634 Plex Employee

Live TV with full timeshifting is now available to Plex for Xbox One users. Enjoy!

• jpirottejpirotte Members, Plex Pass Posts: 113 Plex Pass

You just made my day!

@Moussa said:
    Live TV with full timeshifting is now available to Plex for Xbox One users. Enjoy!

This is good news. I can confirm it is working here. Slowly we are geting there. I noticed that I was not able to record a program that was in progress. I didn't try to record anything else. Also, the channel tuning is very slow but it's slow on Android too.

In any case, good progress. Thanks for the update!

• borofanukborofanuk Members Posts: 49 ✭✭

Does DVR work with the Xbox one tv tuner in the UK?