Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Problem Report][Mi Box] Songs in FLAC format are getting cut before they finish playing

delacosta78delacosta78 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭

I've noticed that songs in FLAC format are cut a few seconds before they end up playing, for example, I played a song with 4:06 minutes and it was cut at 3:56 mark, I tested more songs and they were cut with different amounts of time, depending on their duration.

• The songs are not transcoded.

• This doesn't happen with the MP3 format.

• I'm using the latest server and latest Plex app on the Xiaomi Mi Box.

• This doesn't happen with the android app for smartphones.

Comments

• VadimSlynkoVadimSlynko Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

Same problem here.
    Client: NVidia Shield Pro, all updates.
    Server: asustor AS5104T - with Celeron CPU
    Local network, wired Gigabit Ethernet.
    Streaming to my android phone over 4G does not present this problem.
    Since I use plex mostly for music - this bug is a real showstopper.
    Please feel free if I can provide any other information.
    Some directions of what logs you need, and how to get them would be appreciated though.
    Regards

• delacosta78delacosta78 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭
    edited November 2017

Plex Server version 1.9.7.4460 has been released and this bug is still present.

A new Plex app for Android TV version 6.10.0.2916 has been released but this bug is still present...

Any news on this? I recently noticed this doesn't happen with the android app for smartphones.

I thought the new ExoPlayer inside Plex version 6.13.6.3452 would fix this issue, unfortunatelly it's still present :(

Here is the log, I assume you guys need it..

• pgalbavypgalbavy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 63 Plex Pass

I stopped using Plex as a music player some time ago because of issues like this. There seems to be no appetite within Plex "Inc" to address the music feature deficiencies. Plenty of development time for pointless authentication systems that stop you using Plex without a 'net connection but hey, ...

On new Plex version 6.14.0.3735 this issue is still present :'(

• sebz29asebz29a Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Hi, I still have this issue on Mi box with plex 7.0.3.5502 (exoplayer V2) with latest flex media server