If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot cast local content to Chromecast

zeljkoplexzeljkoplex Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited November 2017 in iOS

Hi,

I got my new shiny PlexPass and tried the use case I got it for: syncing content to my IPhone and casting it to a Chromecast device, but it doesn't work (after initial title screen and some sort of a loading screen on my TV, I get "unable to play" message). This happens for both synced content and videos from camera roll. In the same time, casting from local media server works like a charm. Any ideas ?

Željko

Comments

• johnrsherwoodjohnrsherwood Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here...

• zeljkoplexzeljkoplex Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It turned out the issue had nothing to do with Plex, but with Chromecast. You can't stream HEVC to Chromecast. Once I turned off HEVC on IPhone and re-synced it all started to work.