If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rasplex with Allo DigiOne SPDIF board

exCONDORexCONDOR Posts: 8Members ✭✭

Hi,

Allo DigiOne has been garnering great reviews ever since it has been launched. Does Rasplex support this board...? If not, do we know when would it be formally supported..?

Regards.

Tagged:

Answers

• jacriderjacrider Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just received one in the mail tonight - ordered based on the great reviews.

I am hoping that it will be supported!

I will assemble one tonight and try.

The documentation online from the website suggests we use:

dtoverlay=allo-digione

• exCONDORexCONDOR Posts: 8Members ✭✭

jacrider - I shall look forward to your review and compatibility results. I have few bits for you if you already do not know.

1. Use a nice linear power supply (despite all claims from Allo for otherwise).
    2. Depending on how "revealing" your setup is; you may benefit from coax out of BNC rather than RCA. Predominantly due to the fact you may not get a "true" 75 ohm RCA coax interconnect.
    3. It usually takes about 40 hrs of burn-in before it starts sounding better.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

exCONDOR: I tried as I indicated and didn't get sound out of the board. Ugh.

I have this on a RPi3. I am replacing the HifiBerry Digi+ Pro.

I have a Cardis BNC to RCA cable all ready for the Digione. I am running this to a Magnum Dynalab MD 209 amplifier with their internal tube DAC. Should be beautiful.

I have a linear powersupply on order.

So, I think the kernel for RasPlex needs to be updated for this board.

While I am a long-time Linux user, this might be past my capabilities...

Anyone have any suggestions? All reviews say this board has better audio than the HifiBerry, so getting support for this would be great!

Thanks.

jacrider - I thought so. It would not work out of the box.
    Indeed it would be great if rasplex supports the digiOne and USBridge boards from Allo. Welcoming response from others including Plex/Rasplex team.

On the Allo site, they list the driver required: snd-soc-allo-digione.ko

We need the Rasplex recompiled with this driver included.

Again, beyond my Linux skills...

jacrider - I was out for business for a while. I cannot compile the drivers into Rasplex kernel either (if at all that is a possibility). However, I realise we are the only one's in the Allo boat! So, tough luck for us...

• grahamtaustingrahamtaustin Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been trying to get this to work as an elegant solution to streaming hires audio to my headphone setup. I've messed around with the config text and added the allo-digione .dtb but still no luck. Can't get the device to show up in the Audio Output menu. Any idea how we could get this to work? any help appreciated!

I kind of gave up. I am now running a Roon server for my music. Plex is still serving music (same library) and video, but we mostly use Roon for music.

I like Roon and the integration of Tidal.

For Roon, I am running Ropieee on the RaspPi and it supports the Allo Digione. Beautiful music rendering. Stunning.

Yeah. We are kind of in between a rock and a hard surface. Roon is definitely better but that's in a whole different league. Do you think DigiOne sounds better than let's say using a USB stick or a DLNA server if you have a networked AVR or pre-amp...?

Has ayone gotten anywhere with this? Would still love to have Rasplex support the DigiOne so that I could use it as a transport to my DAC

Roon is great but it's alot of extra cost!