If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Skip prev/next doesn't work

maxxitbabymaxxitbaby Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
  • PMS 1.9.7.4460
  • Plex Apple TV App v. 1.19

Can't skip through TV Episodes with my Logitech Harmony Remote.
Worked definitely

Best Answer

Answers

• PurPur Posts: 47Members ✭✭
    edited November 2017

[ Server: Mac Mini 2.5ghz i5 | OS: OS X High Sierra]
    [ Receiver: Yamaha RX-V471 | Speakers: Focal Dome | TV: Panasonic Plasma 65" | Console: Nintendo Switch ]
    [ Players: 2 x iPhone 7 (iOS 11) | iPad 4th gen (iOS10) | iPhone 4 | iPhone 3....]
    [ Remote: Logitech Harmony one | Panasonic TV Remote 2 (iPhone app) | remoteMousePro (iPhone app) ]

• maxxitbabymaxxitbaby Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thanks Pur, but your linked thread is about PMP. I'm talking about the Apple TV App.
    Versions before I could e.g. start "The Simpsons" and skip to another episode.
    This doesn't work anymore.

• ersanersan Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same happening here, it also affects Siri and it happened during a recent update. The linked topic is not relevant.

• coreyklasscoreyklass Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Likewise here. It started a few days ago, I’m unable to skip tv episodes using Siri and the Apple TV remote. Very annoying, I have to back out and select to shuffle again.

edited November 2017

The problem is between IR Remote & Apple OS High Sierra

• so you can find topics on Apple Tv, others for iMac, Mac Mini, .... every MAC device run on High Sierra or similar (tvOS 11?)
    • you can find topics on different kinds of Plex : PMP PHT
    • and also topics on different kinds of IR remote : Apple IR Remote, Logitech Harmony ...

Even if the initial topic http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/285788/bug-pmp-v2-1-on-high-sierra-mac-os-x-10-13-and-logitech-harmony/p3 is between Harmony & PMP , you will read that different users in the topic have different kinds of remote, plex or Apple stuff. That's the reason why i suggest to link them .

PS: mikehatfield resolve the problem installing remote buddy (don't know if it exist on Apple TV )

[ Receiver: Yamaha RX-V471 | Speakers: Focal Dome | TV: Panasonic Plasma 65" | Console: Nintendo Switch ]
    [ Players: 2 x iPhone 7 (iOS 11) | iPad 4th gen (iOS10) | iPhone 4 | iPhone 3....]
    [ Remote: Logitech Harmony one | Panasonic TV Remote 2 (iPhone app) | remoteMousePro (iPhone app) ]

@Pur said:
    The problem is between IR Remote & Apple OS High Sierra

• so you can find topics on Apple Tv, others for iMac, Mac Mini, .... every MAC device run on High Sierra or similar (tvOS 11?)
    • you can find topics on different kinds of Plex : PMP PHT
    • and also topics on different kinds of IR remote : Apple IR Remote, Logitech Harmony ...

Even if the initial topic http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/285788/bug-pmp-v2-1-on-high-sierra-mac-os-x-10-13-and-logitech-harmony/p3 is between Harmony & PMP , you will read that different users in the topic have different kinds of remote, plex or Apple stuff. That's the reason why i suggest to link them .

PS: mikehatfield resolve the problem installing remote buddy (don't know if it exist on Apple TV )

No, you are still wrong Pur.
    The whole thread you are referring to is about the player (PMP, PHT) on macOS.
    We are talking about the Plex App on the Apple TV. Skipping worked well with the original Apple TV Remote wich is connected via Bluetooth or a Harmony Remote via IR several App versions before. Now it is not working.

Skipping works well in other Apple TV Apps like Netflix, the Apple Apps, …

So it must be a Plex App bug.

edited November 2017

I think you did'nt understand my message (at all !!!)
    There was a change on the apple side that has impacts on the programs that have not followed, such as plex.
    If you look at the logs of the application you will see that the signal is received but not correctly mapped

On the Mac OS side, the Logitech Harmony and Apple Remote remotes worked well with older versions of OSX, and since the last OSX release, many keys on all IR remotes no longer work specifically on Plex, you can see that the problems are in relation

PS: when you say "Versions before", could you please be more verbose : which version was ok, which one is not , version of plex or version of tvOS (to inform your current versions is a good thing, to say following what change of version is even better)

I at least agree that it is up to plex to solve the problem

Accepted Answer

Thank you Pur

• xcalibrxcalibr Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had started a Thread also on the 21st with the exact same issue. LOL I bet we even posted around the same time because I searched extensively before I posted. I also didn't think the Logitech post was related to this issue, but it seems it's the same type of issue and that Plex has to address this & release an update to fix it. Is that our current status? Thanks!

Since the last update when asking Siri to "Skip" she's says "Skipping", but then reports, "Sorry can't do that in 'Plex'". This worked perfectly prior to the last update. Apple TV & Plex are both full updated & I've rebooted both the Apple TV & my Plex Server. Sounds exactly like this issue being described here. I'm assuming this is a widespread issue? Plex needs to address this and release an update soon please.

edited November 2017

This issue is not resolved - it's not a problem with the Apple TV or the Harmony remote, it's a problem with the Plex app. Everything worked fine, then there was a Plex update (and no tvOS update), and then skipping no longer worked (via remote command or via Siri as xcalibr mentioned). Something was changed in the update that needs to be rolled back.

The problem in the linked thread is specific to High Sierra, and has nothing to do with tvOS - and the issue we are experiencing has nothing to do with IR commands since Siri is also affected. Additionally, the only 'keys' affected on IR remotes are SkipForward and SkipBack - all of the other keys work perfectly fine, including the Up and Down buttons.

Further, the problem in macOS started appearing in High Sierra, which came out in September and coincided with the release of tvOS 11 - this problem did not exist in tvOS 11 and only started in late October. It's probably safe to assume that the transition between Plex 1.18.1 -> 1.19 is when the problem started.

thanks for these explanations, I hope they will help Plex hotliners. they have the merit of being very detailed.

Good lord, can the Plex staff fix this or comment on it or something? This is incredibly irritating and it was working fine before.

• essentialinfo@gmail.comessentialinfo@gmail.com Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still no fix in latest release (Version 1.10.0.4523) from what I can see .....

I know, I was so excited to see an update, but it still didn't fix this issue. This is just awful. It makes using Plex with Siri on Apple TV absolutely worthless. So disappointed.

• aukevinaukevin Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I noticed that I can’t skip the trailers before a Plex movie on the Apple TV anymore, I can only fast forward through them. Is this the same issue?