Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plugin Folder access on Plex Server.

DeaeratorDeaerator Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can we get access to the plugin folder on the Plex Server?

I want to be able to add Trak.tv plugin to this server.

or

Can you add Trak.tv to the official Plugin list.

Best Answer

Answers

• stuartf1stuartf1 Posts: 116Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    2nd this.
    Not sure if you know but there is a workaround by using Kodi & installing
    plexkodiconnect & trakt add-ons. Not perfect but does the job.
  • DeaeratorDeaerator Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unfortunately not an option for me. I've been trying to distance myself from that backwards run-around.

How hard would it be for us to get access to that folder through a network share?

Any word on adding Trakt.tv to the official channel store.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,580Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It is not possible to add 3rd party plugins to the Shield.

@Deaerator said:
    Any word on adding Trakt.tv to the official channel store.

That would be up to the developer of the plugin to apply to be in the official store.

How about we get access to the plugins folder?

• KrashaKrasha Posts: 1Members

@goose2600 said:

@Deaerator said:
    How about we get access to the plugins folder?

Is it not possible, as @MovieFan.Plex said... At least until you get root on your Shield! ;)
    It is a conscious choice made from PleX and Nvidia.

well i am rooted and i located plugin folder at /data/data/plexserver/plug-in/ pasted cigaras ipt.bundle folder. and rebooted shield. but plex wont find the plugin so where is the location i need to copy that plugin?

• ASiDiEASiDiE Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 12

Once I moved over my database to my SSD external drive, (also shared out the drive so my PC could view it). I then went out to here: \{Server IP}\Drive Name\Android\data\com.plexapp.mediaserver.smb\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins I Then put a plugin in there that I had on my other windows server and rebooted the shield and the plug-in showed up just fine.