Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

After Cinema Trailer Movie starts 2.30 in instead of at the beginning

jjkc29jjkc29 Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Recently my Shield TV when playing a movie after the cinema trailer will start the movie 2.30 in to the film for no reason that I can understand. Any thoughts much appreciated

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• nilz76nilz76 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this exact same issue. The movie starts at random times (whatever the length of the cinema trailer)
    Cinema Trailer = 03:10 >> movie starts at 03:10
    Cinema Trailer = 02:12 >> movie starts at 02:12 etc....

***** My Kit *****
    PMS: Windows Server 2016 with 8tb Storage, Nvidia Shield (2015)
    Clients: Nvidia Shield TV, Samsung Smart TV (JS9000 & KS9000), Mobiles/Tablets: Both iPhone and Android

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 10,277Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Thanks for reporting.

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/articles/201869908-log-files/
  • legendarystonerlegendarystoner Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/297153/2-1-2-minutes-playback-problem#latest

Another thread on this same issue. It mentions a fix. not sure if it actually resolves the issue or not.

• Purger1975Purger1975 Posts: 81Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue on the NVIDIA SHIELD latest android version 7.0.0

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,613Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@Purger1975 said:
    I have the same issue on the NVIDIA SHIELD latest android version 7.0.0

I'm not able to reproduce. Can you try again and get me the app and PMS logs?

Hi MovieFan, logs attached...
    Thanks for the help.

I just want to point that issue is present only after playing cinema trailers from internet (new in cinemas).
    When playing only local trailers (localy stored in my library), movie starts from beginning.

MovieFan, did you find any usefull in the logs that I send you?

Any update?

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,613Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Sorry. I do see in your log where the playback of the movie starts at the offset of the trailer. However, I'm not able to reproduce it myself. Still trying.

edited June 13

Just try to set up cinema trailers from internet, not local trailers. Local trailers works without problem. EDIT: local trailers are problem as well.
    Plax app android NVIDIA Shield version: 7.0.3
    Plex server windows 7 version: 1.13.2.5154

When I try to setup preroll video, it doesn't play at all (after trailers played) , just infinite spining circle...

edited June 13

Ok, I just performed a small test. I have uninstall all updates and try to play movie with app that was shipped with Nvidia Shield. All is well. Trailers played perfectla, and the movie was played from beginning.
    Then, I performed Plex android app update. After that, bug is present again.

I have noticed that my movie (Tomb raider) was marked as watched (palyed), after trailer for Tomb raider was played before man movie (Anihilation). Is this a new bug? I mean, this app is unusuable with that bug (movie marked as watched when trailer for this movie was played before completely another movie).