If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Newest Apple TV OS update creating problems with Plex App

phillipsmnphillipsmn Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Title - basically the 3rd Gen Apple TV running the newest OS with the Plex app is struggling to play videos and stream from channels. I switched to a Roku that I had and there's no issues. Anyone else have this problem/fix?

I tried force quitting Plex, rebooting the aTV and still no joy. I'm on the newest Plex beta server, and restarted that just to be sure also.

Tagged:

Answers

• darciliciousdarcilicious Posts: 870Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@phillipsmn said:
    basically the 3rd Gen Apple TV running the newest OS

Hi there, you need to post this in the PlexConnect section; this section is for AppleTV 4th gen, running tvOS.

• phillipsmnphillipsmn Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah, my bad. It's the Apple TV 4, not the 3.

So, by "newest OS" do you mean tvOS 11.1 or a beta release of tvOS?

@darcilicious said:
    So, by "newest OS" do you mean tvOS 11.1 or a beta release of tvOS?

tvOS 11.1

• ersanersan Posts: 92Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2017

I've not had this problem, there was no difference between 11.0 and 11.1 for me at all. Perhaps there's a problem with your network?

Maybe uninstall and reinstall the Plex app?

@ersan said:
    Maybe uninstall and reinstall the Plex app?

I may try that. Doubt it's the network being that my iOS app and 2 Roku devices running Plex all work and are on the same network.

Same, no issues here...