If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Unable to Cast" There was a problem playing this item

FlixNowFlixNow Posts: 119Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Getting the "Unable to Cast" error quite a lot on Chromecast 2 lately.

Here is an example of a file I was unable to play on Chromecast 2 recently. H264, 8bit, AAC Stereo.

If I force transcode (untick Direct Play or change quality to lower bitrate), the file plays fine. File also plays fine on other clients (Android, Apple TV etc)

Isn't the whole point of Plex to determine whether a file can Direct Play, and if not, transcode it to a playable file?

Answers

• FlixNowFlixNow Posts: 119Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump - any info would be great

Bump... Any help would be great.

• phil_wophil_wo Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would also like help with this issue

Some help would be good please. Still having errors.

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,221Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

whether a file can Direct Play, and if not, transcode it to a playable file?

Indeed, and the file details you show look good. Please can you send me a sample of the video?

Have you guys tried deleting your Codec folder? I was having issues with EAC3 files on Chromecast, and deleting the Codec folder and restarting my server fixed it.