If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Movie starts 2-3 mins from the start after trailers

nilz76nilz76 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all, has anyone come across an issue, where a trailer is played (for e.g. 02:12 minutes) and then finished playing, the movie is supposed to start at the beginning, it resumes from 02:12 minutes (length of the trailer), instead of the beginning. (00:00)? This happens on any movie I play and any random trailer that is selected by Plex.

I have a PMS installed on the Shield (2105) and the data is stored on my Windows Home Server 2016.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Nilz76

Answers

• nilz76nilz76 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I forgot to mention, Plex Media Server version (1.9.6.4429) and Plex Player (6.9.0.2683) Both updated on a regular basis.

Just a quick update, that this is issue is still present, even after updating to NV Shield Plex Media Server version: 1.10.1.4602

• PopArt71PopArt71 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well, this has been driving me crazy for a while now. It didn't always behave in his way, but I have the same annoying problem.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,407Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

This was reported some time ago and should have been fixed. Please double check your PMS version.

edited January 10

@MovieFan.Plex, thanks for your reply. When you state "Please double check your PMS version", ....I already have.
    The current release I have installed is 1.10.14602. Please advise what version this issue was fixed in?

Thanks

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,407Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Sorry, it was not a PMS issue. The issue that was previous reported was for one of the Beta releases of the Android app. I can't find exactly which version, but it should be fixed. If you are seeing this issue still, maybe the bug has come back. Please let me know which version of the app you have and I'll see if I can reproduce.

The Plex version on the NV Shield is 6.11.3.3147 (bb34b27a) I appreciate you helping out. :ThumbsUp:

• PopArt71PopArt71 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same version and also using a Nvidia Shield (PMS on PC).