If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox one not advertising as player

AJCWhiteAJCWhite Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For some reason, my Xbox one does not show up in the list of possible devices to cast/play to.

Anyone know a fix?

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,636Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@AJCWhite The console needs a local server on the network to be connected directly for it to work as a player. Do you have a local server that shows up as nearby on the list of servers?

• AJCWhiteAJCWhite Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Moussa I can connect to the server and play media using the xbox app but cant cast from my phone to the xbox like I can with chromecast.

Thanks, Alex

• kuroiryukuroiryu Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This used to work but has been broken for at least 6 months. Somtimes altering the manual connections in the mobile app work. Maybe mobile doesn't do a good job of switching from indirect to direct.