If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Kodi "Playback failed" error!

2»

Answers

• berrylourenssenberrylourenssen Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Here is the same problem.

Playback fails on a RPI, Running Kodi with Plex addon. Server is running from Windows 10

Rolling back to version 1.9.7.4460 was a quick fix. So thanks for the tip

• amcfarlaamcfarla Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@keithah said:
    We need client AND PMS logs. I can't reproduce this, neither can the dev, so we need as much info as possible.

What log files do you need? I can try to help as much as I can but being it isn't my location that is having the problem will need to have my friend grab the requested files.

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,328Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

No prob, we think we know the issue. The dev just needs time to work on it.

• bb12489bb12489 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@keithah said:
    No prob, we think we know the issue. The dev just needs time to work on it.

Will the fix be pushed to the testing/beta repo first? Or straight to production?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,328Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Probably testing/beta repo. There's a chance we will have to add a profile to PMS, which will delay it. The dev is still figuring out options.

It is strange it works for some but not others though. Wish I could explain it.

2»