If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Commercial skip feature

asic79asic79 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

One for the devs:
Do you know when should FreeBSD users expect this feature to be added please?

Answers

• nojohnny101nojohnny101 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am intersted in this as well.

• Spunky03Spunky03 Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ditto here! ETA Please!

• jrjr Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too. Unfortunately Freebsd does not have an official Comskip port so I am not sure if this will be coming any time soon.

Looks like it is possible to get Comskip working with Freenas if you compile and configure it manually.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/plex-dvr-commercial-skipping-with-comskip.46081/

• nojohnny101nojohnny101 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I have already followed that linked tutorial and while it works, would be much nicer to have a built in solution (and obviously Plex is pursuing that). I just hope they will bring it to FreeBSD eventually.

• zeit0dn1zeit0dn1 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Add me to the list too...

• asic79asic79 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Devs
    A simple "Never" would do, you know...

• dave128dave128 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am also patiently awaiting for this update. Not going to demand anything but this REALLY would be icing on the cake for cord-cutting.

• JoeKun1987JoeKun1987 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1

Looking forward to have native support for skipping commercials in Plex for FreeBSD.