If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Backup Plex

KersusKersus Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I know this is a stupid question to some, but I'm having a little trouble with getting this done.

I am moving PMS to a new server and would like to backup info so that I don't lose my place in each tv series, movie, and such.

I'm running PMS (Plex Pass) on FreeNAS. Originally on 9.2.0 and recently I plugged in a FreeNAS 11 USB key to see if it would work, and while it sort of worked it somehow killed my PMS jail such that even booting back to 9.2.0 doesn't allow PMS to work. All my data is still on the NAS and available to me as far as I can tell.

I get the PMS and FreeNAS are separate entities however I could use a little assistance to see if there is a way to get my Plex data backed up for a new NAS and fresh Plex Pass installation in a Jail. My original PMS turned Plex Pass was installed via FreeNAS plugin which shows as 0.9.9.12.504 although I thought I read there is a bug where the version doesn't show correctly - it should be as up to date as possible as I regularly run the manual update).

I don't necessarily need to backup all the media files, where I'm stuck is just in the data Plex uses to save my position in V shows, playlists, etc. Any help is appreciate for this.

Answers