If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Amazon Alexa In Canada

Hi,

I just got my Alexa and apparently the Plex skill isn't released in Canada yet.

Is there a release date or plans to have it come to the Canadian store?

Thanks,

Craig

Answers

• LG51LG51 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, I'm in the same boat. Would love to have this skill working in Canada.

• whimbleewhimblee Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was hoping it would be available first thing today seeing that today is the official Canadian release of Alexa, but no joy. :(

• mavaloismavalois Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. That skill is essentially the reason I got an Echo...

• walkahwalkah Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

One more vote for releasing the skill to Canada :smile:

• BlueFrogBlueFrog Posts: 66Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah... using Plex to play music was one of the main reasons I got an Echo, so I'd like to see the skill updated as well.

• dhlambdhlamb Posts: 1Members

Please release the Alexa skill in Canada as soon as humanly possible. We need it up here.

• linux.child@gmail.comlinux.child@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As a Canadian Plex Pass Subscriber I think we deserve this one!

• estranged2000estranged2000 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Here too please, my echo is a retarded blonde right now. The Canadian skill store sucks... No Plex, No Nanoleaf.... argh.

• Tarius407Tarius407 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Likewise, please release this skill to Canada. Plex + Echo is one of the main reasons why I purchased a plex pass.

• BlueFrogBlueFrog Posts: 66Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I asked on Twitter and got a quick response. They said "We're working hard to bring Plex to more Skill Stores, but no specifics to share right now." I asked whether it was them just checking off the box to make it available, and the response was that it was more complicated than that.

Argh

• Same here. I need that skill for Christmas !

• bgrierbgrier Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yep, I too am a plex pass subscriber and would appreciate having this skill available to use in Canada.

• Ramx2Ramx2 Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

Same Here!!! I even want them to support Google Home :D I just want to know why "Canadians" are the last to get updated!

Canadian "Prime Video, Apple store, Netflix, amazon etc.. mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh" No DirectTV NO Sling NO Hulu no @!#@!#%.... AND NO PLEX meanwhile for ALEXA !! LOL (I know we could use VPNs!!!)

We just have to move to US to get what we want!

• npoennnpoenn Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

What's really irritating about it is that many of us had been using the Plex skill for Alexa for months only to have it suddenly disappear when Canada support is released.

• nekkidtruthnekkidtruth Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

Add me as another unhappy Canadian Plex Pass subscriber who is impatiently waiting for them to literally tick the box and allow the Plex skill to be used by Alexa in Canada.

Seriously...the English language is well...English. While words are certainly spelled different they're usually pronounced the same. I can't think of any valid or legitimate excuse as to why this isn't working for us Canadians!

• LG51LG51 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A Plex subscriber here as well, eagerly awaiting the Canadian enabling of this skill.

• RED 5RED 5 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

Add me to list of Plex pass holders requesting this. It worked fine under my US iTunes account right up until the Alexa app got released in the Canadian Store. Now it’s all messed up and no skills for Canada.

• IBITPlexIBITPlex Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
  • tyblutyblu Posts: 3Members

Can't vote unless subscriber, I'm guessing.

Oops, you don't have access!
    This area is restricted and requires special permission to access (such as being a Plex Pass subscriber or member of one of our app betas). If you believe your account is supposed to already have access visit https://forums.plex.tv/sso to re-sync your permissions.