If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sorry having trouble accessing to your Plex skill right now

DarkPlex123DarkPlex123 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Alexa can find my server and web player. When I ask it to play movie etc it says "Sorry having trouble accessing to your Plex skill right now" however if I play the movie manually it will pause and resume no problem.
I cannot think what it could be.

Answers

• rossbeckrossbeck Posts: 49Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

Same exact issue here. On latest version of the server and latest Shield TV client.

Everything is setup, server and player are set. It will say "having trouble accessing your plex skill" but if I manually start a video, just the player commands (play/stop/resume/pause) work just fine. Has to be some kind of bug in either the skill or the latest server app.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,875Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Is your Plex Server also on your Shield TV? I have my server on a dedicated computer and I haven't had any issues with my Alexa/Plex skill in a long time. If we can isolate the issue to the actual server application that will help the devs figure out what's going on.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

Plex Dance

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: Running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• DarkPlex123DarkPlex123 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In my case, Plex Server is on a desktop and I use plex.tv to play it.

• rossbeckrossbeck Posts: 49Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kegobeer-plex said:
    Is your Plex Server also on your Shield TV? I have my server on a dedicated computer and I haven't had any issues with my Alexa/Plex skill in a long time. If we can isolate the issue to the actual server application that will help the devs figure out what's going on.

Plex server is on a local windows file server. Everything except Alexa is working great... and like I said, the server/etc are lined up because it does actually respond to player commands like stop/pause/resume. It just chokes when asked to play or do anything specific.

• Same here. Can play tracks, but askingnfor albums gets the "having trouble contacting your Plex skill" message. This is obviously a long standing problem, please can it be fixed?

• deh0215deh0215 Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this same situation. I can't believe in more than a year, not one Plex employee has come in with an answer. This is just a ridiculous situation which should have been fixed/answered in 2017. Shame.

• Sland12sSland12s Posts: 5Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Been having the same issue, echo dot 2 with qnap 453a