If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Constant Network error occurred message after years of no issues

kauzer123kauzer123 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am running PMS on Samsung PS60F5500 from my pc using virgin superhub3 on a wired connection using cat6 cable. All of sudden after literally years of seamless useable, and since a recent windows 10 update I’m getting frequent network error occurred messages and Plex becomes unresponsive.

It seems to be getting worse and crashing every few minutes.

I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled apps on pc and tv, unplugged tv, rebooted router, restarted pc, but problem persists!?

Any advice before I cancel my Plex pass and move to a different media server PLEASE! I love Plex but can’t stand much more

Comments

• grcarpbe@gmail.comgrcarpbe@gmail.com Posts: 6Members ✭✭

HI, sorry no answer here.
    But I've got the same issue.
    TV UE48H6400
    No plex pass
    Win10 Update recently
    "A network error occured" each time I try to launch a file.
    Navigation into plex cause no pb though.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,483Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited January 3

@grcarpbe@gmail.com:

If the navigation works, that means the app can access the Plex data.
    If you get an issue whenever you select something to play, the problem is probably that you moved/renamed the source files.
    So the database has file a listed on location b, but you moved it to c. When the app tries to find the file on location b it can't find it.

Solution:

• If the library moved (like from Volume1 to Volume2) > update the library source folders.
    • If you renamed some folders or files > run the library scan again.from Plex web.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation