If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to get content on dashboard

steveblairworksteveblairwork Posts: 2Members

I just installed Kodi and the Plex add-on onto a Raspberry Pi 3. Everything went smoothly until the Plex dashboard loaded and no content showed. While on the Home section, I just see three dots that indicate something's loading, but I left it there for over an hour and nothing changed. Going to the Movies/Music/TV/Video sections show the message "No content available in this library. Please add content and/or check that 'Include in dashboard' is enabled." If I go into any of those sections, I see my full library, so there's definitely content and it's connecting to the server - it's just nothing is showing on the dashboard.

Kodi: v17.5
Plex Addon: v0.1.3
Plex Server: v0.9.9.14 running locally on Windows XP machine

I'm wondering if it could be an issue with the server, since last time I tried updating I remember it saying new versions wouldn't run on XP, but I can't find any info on a required server version for the Kodi addon.

Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions!

Answers

• steveblairworksteveblairwork Posts: 2Members

ps. Up until today I've had a Raspberry Pi 2 with Kodi and Plexbmc running just fine, loading up my On Deck list on the dashboard. Wondering if it's simpler to just keep using Plexbmc. Any opinions on the official Plex addon vs Plexbmc would also be appreciated.

• K1ngLearK1ngLear Posts: 438Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@steveblairwork said:
    ps. Up until today I've had a Raspberry Pi 2 with Kodi and Plexbmc running just fine, loading up my On Deck list on the dashboard. Wondering if it's simpler to just keep using Plexbmc. Any opinions on the official Plex addon vs Plexbmc would also be appreciated.

I thought plexbmc isn't any longer under development ans stopped. Due to this plexkodiconnect from croneder shows up.

CAESAR
    (to the SOOTHSAYER) The ides of March are come.
    SOOTHSAYER
    Ay, Caesar, but not gone.