If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Small percentage of Movies are given IMDb rating despite Rotten Tomatoes being the ratings source

GimpylungGimpylung Posts: 1Members

99% of my movies get the correct Rotten Tomatoes Ratings(Critic and Audience) but some mysteriously receive an IMDb rating instead.

Rotten Tomatoes is set as my ratings source in the Plex Movie Agent.

The Thing (1982) and A Clockwork Orange being two notable examples where the agent pulls the IMDb score.

Answers

• AlitchyAlitchy Posts: 156Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

I'm having the same issue, but it appears to be a medium percentage for me. I even did the "plex dance" and when the movies are re-added they still have IMDB vs Rotten Tomatoes Ratings.

Example movies are Man Down, Oddball, The Confirmation, Star Wars: Episode 1, Feerheld, and Life. I have many more using IMDb. I did Fix Match, on Life, but that didn't help either.

• SirGioSirGio Posts: 74Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My percentage of rottentomatoes scores is even lower, I would say 1 in 10 is getting rottentomatoes and the rest iMDB. I want all my movies with the rottentomatoes scores.

Mac OS 10 ||| 3 GHz Intel Core i7 ||| 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ||| Intel Iris 1536 MB
    1TB APPLE SSD Internal ||| Media on external USB3 drives ||| HDHomeRun EXTEND
    Clients - AppleTV4, iOS, Roku3

• AlitchyAlitchy Posts: 156Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any chance someone from Plex can acknowledge us and give us an idea as to what is going on?

• Landwehr HomeLandwehr Home Posts: 104Members ✭✭

I have this same problem too and lately when I try to refresh the metadata I also loose the IMDB rating and just get The Movie Database rating instead.

Plex Server: Octa-Core AMD FX-8320E 3.2 GHz, 8GB ECC RAM, ASUS M5A99FX Pro R 2.0, 21TB Raid 6 array Clients: 2 Roku 3's, 1 Roku Streaming Stick, 1 2012 Samsung PN60E7000 TV, 1 2015 Samsung UN32J5205, Web Browser Network: 1GB LAN, Linksys EA9500 Router Software: Ubuntu Server 14.04.2 on a 500GB HD
  • Chris TeasdaleChris Teasdale Posts: 124Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 13

Me too!! Yet another bug that never gets addressed or even acknowledged. I just tried to switch over to Rotten Tomatoes ratings. It almost seems like if you do a full "Refresh All Metadata" the agent makes too many calls to Rotten Tomatoes servers and it stops returning results to your server. My server is Linux so platform doesn't seem to matter.

I found another thread about a similiar topic and it looks like this might be related to a problem with IPv6. I tried disabling it in Plex and had no luck so I am going to try disabling it on my server to see if that gets it working again.

Plex Server: Octa-Core AMD FX-8320E 3.2 GHz, 8GB ECC RAM, ASUS M5A99FX Pro R 2.0, 21TB Raid 6 array Clients: 2 Roku 3's, 1 Roku Streaming Stick, 1 2012 Samsung PN60E7000 TV, 1 2015 Samsung UN32J5205, Web Browser Network: 1GB LAN, Linksys EA9500 Router Software: Ubuntu Server 14.04.2 on a 500GB HD
  • Chris TeasdaleChris Teasdale Posts: 124Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just did some testing and it seems despite having all agents set to use IMDb for data after scanning a few files correctly it starts using themoviedb instead of IMDb. All info in scan matches themoviedb instead of IMDb. So it seems it must fail with IMDb for whatever reason and then defaults back to themoviedb.

I disabled IPv6 in Plex and via the terminal on my ubuntu server and it's still a no go trying to get this to work.