If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Device Home Screen and Plex artwork when selecting 'Recommended for you' items?

DudaaiDudaai Posts: 66Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not something that really bothers me but just intrigued as to what's happened.

I have Plex players on both my Shield TV and a Mi Box 3. Up until recently, with the Mi Box, as you ran the 'selection box' over the various recommendations at the top of the home screen the entire backdrop / artwork would change to reflect, in the case of Plex items, the artwork that you had put in as a poster / banner in your library.

Recently though I used a VPN on that device to connect to a service and it seems that since doing this the Plex artwork (only) no longer shows as a backdrop when selecting Plex suggestions. Anything from Google Movies or other internet (e.g. not local server based) services will correctly display the artwork for that item as a home screen backdrop, just not Plex?

It's not a big deal, something I can live with for sure but the home screen sure looked better when it changed to the movie / TV show banner as you run the selector over it rather than just a washed out almost blank screen. Trouble is I can't figure what's caused it or what I might need to do either at the server or player level to bring those images back, it's almost as if using the VPN has broken a link and is stopping something from getting through.

Any ideas??