If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I had hundreds of movies downloaded on Plex,

I deleted them off my computer to free up hard drive space.
Now I don't can't see them on flex and don't know how to retrieve them?

Help.............

Best Answer

• CwchCwch Posts: 2Members
    Accepted Answer

So Getting a plex pass won't help?

Answers

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 729Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex is a window to your own media. When you scan and add items to Plex, it's only cataloging the files you have saved. They never actually download to Plex in a different location.

If you deleted your movies from your hard drive, then they're probably gone. Plex won't work without them.

Sorry to bear bad news.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

• CwchCwch Posts: 2Members
    Accepted Answer

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 547Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Cwch said:

No.

HitsVille

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,875Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

This is the same thing as downloading a picture on your computer, and then deleting it - it no longer exists. If you have an OS that uses a trash can type system, then perhaps your files are in there and can be restored. If not, then you would have to explore other options that may be able to recover deleted files.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

Plex Dance

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: Running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision