Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I had hundreds of movies downloaded on Plex,

I deleted them off my computer to free up hard drive space.
Now I don't can't see them on flex and don't know how to retrieve them?

Help.............

Best Answers

Answers

• CwchCwch Posts: 2Members

So Getting a plex pass won't help?

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,866Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

This is the same thing as downloading a picture on your computer, and then deleting it - it no longer exists. If you have an OS that uses a trash can type system, then perhaps your files are in there and can be restored. If not, then you would have to explore other options that may be able to recover deleted files.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

Plex Dance

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: Running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• timekillstimekills Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Cwch said:

No, and neither does marking your question as an accepted answer.

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 923Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@timekills said:

@Cwch said:

No, and neither does marking your question as an accepted answer.

Well actually he knows the files are gone. Why wouldn't he accept the answer?
    Granted he possibly marked the wrong comment as the accepted answer. But is that really as bad as bumping a 4 month old thread back to the top of people's participated list?

HitsVille