If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Server keeps shutting down on my Nvidia Shield

Quiller101Quiller101 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Since a month of two my PMS (always the latest version) running on my Nvidia Shield TV, shuts down after a couple of hours. Sometimes it shuts down after an hour, sometimes it takes a couple of hours. It varies and that makes it hard for me to troubleshoot. I've tried a couple of things, like assigning my shield a fixed ip address and re-installing plex, but that doesn't fix the problem.

When it runs, it runs perfectly (remote access and all).

What could be causing this?

Answers

• IckisIckis Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Mine started doing this too recently

• perk28@gmail.comperk28@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just logged in to search for an answer on this... just wont play anything... says cannot connect to server.. nothing changed.. no idea why.

• yepececeyepecece Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had a similar problem (my media was mounted via ethernet) but since connecting the media (usb hard drive) directly to the shield I have no more shutdowns or problem playing (which was caused by media not being available even if network drive was mounted).

• thruster999thruster999 Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, since the second last update. it also means the server disappears from my cast list. the only way to get it to show up again is to launch plex (of course). but that's a hassle . please fix.

• miguelt678miguelt678 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here.

• DavidAndAndreaDavidAndAndrea Posts: 234Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Likewise !

• bradleychambersbradleychambers Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. Since I switched to NAS, it's been better. When I was on USB external, the drive would show 0 bytes until I ejected and re-attached. Using NAS has been better, but I'll have to stop and restart the server 2-3 times a week. I almost wish I could set the Shield to reboot itself every night at 3am or something. I love the Shield, but this is annoying sometimes.